"Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced." 1 Chronicles 16:12
100 Years of Serving Christ & Community
Kendall Methodist Church started in 1922 in an old shop on Elizabeth Street with about 50 members. Dick Rice donated land on Smoak Road for a church. A small frame building was constructed. That building was destroyed by the 1926 hurricane. Money was raised to rebuild the church. In 1929, the Great Depression forced the little church to close its doors. In 1946, a group of Christians gathered and again opened the church which began to grow. In 1952, the congregation moved into the new church which is now located on the corner of 77th Avenue and 104th Street - now Kendall United Methodist Church.